Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Our technology organization is transforming into Agile-focused, small yet high-performing engineering teams. We’re looking for thought leaders who excel at solving problems and have a passion for developing others to join us. Discover technologists empower each other to grow while fostering an environment of belonging. Our inclusive culture sets us apart and inspires teams to strive for a true, industry-leading transformation. At Discover our technologists step in the door and immediately have the opportunity to be impactful, not only to our organization but also to the customers and communities that we support.
The Expert Application Engineer (Full Stack) – Digital Transformation is critical in creating and delivering immersive engineering training FOR engineers BY engineers as part of a newly formed Discover Technology Academy. Your thought leadership will directly influence the skill building and transformation of our engineering teams. Discover has a culture of continuous learning and you will play a key part in shaping and delivering that learning journey for our software engineering teams.
As a Principal Engineer within Discover's Technology Academy Dojo, you’ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide) teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
- Work with a team of engineers integrated in the Discover Technology Academy to build transformation plans and conduct an immersive engineering learning experience through a dojo framework
- Diagnose opportunities for automation and efficiency in the end to end product delivery cycle
- Influence other engineers to embrace agile practices and transform the way they work
- Be hands on by pairing with engineers to create and maintain full stack solutions in one or more ways:
- Complex front-ends (user interfaces), with a focus on user experience
- Multiple Back-end systems
- DevOps processes and application infrastructure, while leveraging cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Plan how we build and integrate new systems by leveraging your holistic knowledge of the products in our ecosystem
- Collaborate with our business partners to understand all business requirements
- Innovate on best practices for our team and advocate for improved processes with our internal partners
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity
- Solve complex technical problems and explore new ways to bring value
- Guide our team through implementing new solutions from inception to production
- Mentor and inspire our team members by helping them to hone tech skills/expertise
- Keep up-to-date with new technology trends and innovations
- Frequently attend Industry Conferences and occasionally participate in panels to and lead “TED Talk” like forums
- Leverage your network to bring the best of the best to our technology organization
- Researches new technology opportunities and how they can be used to add technical capabilities at Discover
- Drives strategic technology decisions based on collaboration with a board field of experts outside of Discover
- Contributes to the external image of Discover Technology as a desired workplace to learn technology best practices
- Recognized outside of Discover as a thought leader and participates in internal and external communities
- Shapes learning paths for Discover engineers by bringing what they learn back to Discover so everyone can benefit from their experiences
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
Bachelors – Computer Science or related
8+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of expert on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
Experience guiding, influencing and teaching engineer
Agile/Digital transformation experience
Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
Build secure web applications with user authentication
Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.