Job ID: 621013BR
Date posted: Nov. 14, 2022
Locations: Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description:The GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) Program, currently in its third year of a 5-year contract with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. The GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system operates on multiple security levels and combines FOSS/COTS software/hardware with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevSecOps and Agile methodologies. These software development methodologies emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program's number one priority. As a member of the Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in numerous development tools and technologies.
The selected individual will be assigned to a scrum team within the development organization supporting numerous activities to include:
• Planning, conducting, and coordinating agile software development activities.
• Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to critical mission issues.
• Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
• Applying knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
• Correcting program errors, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
• Ensuring software standards are defined and met.
* Java development experience
* Proven experience with Angular front-end development
* Ability to troubleshoot and navigate multiple operating system environments including LINUX/Windows
* Strong troubleshooting skills
Applicant selected be a US Citizen and must possess, at minimum, a current TS clearance (with a current background investigation). Applicant will need to complete a crossover to the NGA customer and be briefed before starting on program.
Big data technologies to include: Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE workflows), Elasticsearch, Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef
Proven experience in COTS/FOSS integration and support
Ability to learn and implement new technologies
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.