MetroStar Systems Careers
Front End Developer
Web Development Arlington, Virginia
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Front End Developer that is
passionate about building cutting edge web applications built on
current front end technologies and hosted on AWS. If you want to join
a company that values using cutting edge best practices and are open
to commuting to Arlington, VA, with travel into Washington, DC, we
want you to work for MetroStar!
THIS ROLE IS FOR FUTURE WORK.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE FOR THIS ROLE
FROM OUR TEAM.
You re a great fit if
* Well versed developing as a member of a mature, collaborative
technical team which makes heavy use of modern source control
mechanisms (such as Git). This includes familiarity with a
delivery cycle which makes heavy use of source control features
such as commits to local branches, pull requests, and code
* You like keeping up to date with the most recent front end
* You enjoy working in an Agile environment and group setting in
order to provide timely and effective solutions to your customer.
* You re passionate about front end development in a cloud
* Security is fundamental to your approach to coding
You ll love this role if
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
* You have working experience with the newly released Angular 2.0
(or longstanding experience with version 1.0).
HTML, and/or HTML5
* You have 3+ years of experience with CSS3, NPM, Node.js, and/or
* You are experienced in Agile Scrum framework
* You are able to successfully obtain DHS Suitability Clearance
We ll REALLY love you if .
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
* Working knowledge of modern frontend frameworks including
Bootstrap, Foundation, Bourbon/Neat, and/or Google Material Design
* You have working knowledge of Webpack and/or Angular CLI.
* You have solid understanding of RESTful web services
* You are familiar with Continuous Integration methodologies and
tools, including Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy and/or CodePipeline
* You are familiar with source control services and tools, including
SVN, GIT and/or AWS CodeCommit
* You have JIRA experience
* You have experience supporting DHS
* You have prior DHS Suitability Clearance
* You have an AWS certification
The Admin Stuff:
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential
access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to
be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not
establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the
discretion of MetroStar Systems.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.