Full Stack Java Developer
Business Home Services – Parts and Repair Centers
Job Description The Sears Home Services ServiceLIVE team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer with a strong engineering background, experience and passion for managing our enterprise web applications using RESTful web services to support our web and mobile applications at large scale.
* You will develop and support solutions for a premier customer facing, highly available, fast and robust web property that will potentially be used by millions of customers.
* You will design, develop and support end to end solutions that integrate with many different systems, calling these services from within and outside of our immediate ecosystem including 3rd party vendors as well as other systems within Sears.
* You have a breadth of knowledge and experience in working with an environment with a strong focus on test driven development, continuous integration and performance / load testing and analysis and remediation.
* You develop with focus of support in mind with logging and graphing of service and server performance as part of delivery of code.
* You should have a deep technical understanding of back-end service technologies, tools and architectures and know how to troubleshoot functional, technical, performance and architecture issues with a passion for results.
* You should have the willingness to learn new technologies on the go.
You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our Agile transformational journey.
If you’re a highly skilled, experienced software engineer and obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance global teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance and continuous process improvement, then we want you to come join us.
Requisition ID ******BR
Employment Category Regular, Full-time
Travel Requirements None
Preferred Minimum Education Bachelors Level Degree
* Designing and developing highly scalable and highly available enterprise solutions
* Incorporating leading edge technology into our software products
* Working effectively with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) and collaborating with global development teams
* Experience integrating with cloud-hosted, responsive, mobile and web applications
* Developing in a strong test driven development approach with continuous integration (Jenkins, etc.) with a passion for perfection
* Building support and monitoring graphs (Graphite, New Relic, etc.)
* Developing in a strong test driven development approach with a passion for perfection
* Reviews and influences design, development and tool decisions
* Strong contributor to the output of a small technical team
* Contributes to peer code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed
* Mentors other software engineers
* Creates self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicates intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience
* Experience with full stack development, preferably in Java (or similar OO programming languages, like C#, C++)
* Experience with Java Spring Framework; Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Hibernate etc.
* Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services.
* Experienced with designing and developing solutions for applications based on AWS Cloud Platform
* Experience with client-side frameworks, preferably Angular or React (Backbone, Knockout, Spine, or similar modern JS frameworks accepted)
* Experience with git, continuous integration, containerized and cloud deployments (ex: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS)
* A knack for writing, clean, readable, maintainable code (with Tests!)
* Experience in working in an agile development environment
* Like learning new technology, patterns, methodologies, domains of knowledge
* Have the ability to solve problems, put the customer first, work independently with limited oversight and communicate clearly
* Analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale applications
* Solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
Job Function Information Technology
Job Code (SHC) OL0069: Software Engineer II
Payroll Location 58491: Sears Holdings Management Corp
Years Experience 2 – 5 Years Experience
Country United States
Employing Entity Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Location Postal Code 60179
Location City HOFFMAN ESTATES
Location State IL
Sears Req Type Salaried Exempt
Location Address 1 3333 BEVERLY ROAD
Location Address 2 CORPORATE OFFICES
EEO/EOE Footer Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.