What you'll do…
- What you'll do… :Build the possibilities.
We're growing our technology team and are searching for a Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture. When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology. You'll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, developer support, and maintaining the development environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you'll do as a Software Engineer…
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product
- Identify product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirements
- You'll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used and establish consistent best practices
What you'll bring to the team…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years' experience developing, debugging, and maintaining code in C# and SQL
- 1-2 years' experience in SQL Server databases is strongly preferred
- 1-2 years' experience in Angular JS
- Experience working agile and DevOps mindset.
- Experience in cloud services (Azure) is preferred
- Experience working in a shared service, hybrid environments
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting team needs
- Ability to ramp up quickly in an evolving and challenging role
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
About H&R Block…
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.