Hadoop, Spark, Scala Developer
CGI is seeking a dynamic Hadoop, Spark and Scala Developer to join our team supporting a core system for a large financial client in Cary, NC. We are looking for a Hands-on Hadoop, Spark and Scala (6+ years) with experience. The system has high visibility within the organization, and is used by many prominent collaborators. This role offers flexibility of joining a team applying Agile methodologies to deliver high quality software to our customers. You will also have the opportunity to work with cloud based technologies on highly visible initiatives. This role can be performed in Cary, NC.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• 5+ years of demonstrated ability with Big Data tools and technologies including working in a Production environment of a Hadoop Project.
• 2+ years of experience with Spark, PySpark, SQL, Hive, Impala, Oozie, HDFS, Hue, Git, MapReduce and Sqoop.
• 2+ years of Programming experience in Scala Programming and Application Development.
• Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a plus
• Big Data Development using Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Hive and other Cloudera tools.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to a Big Data environment.
• Experience with large-scale distributed applications.
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• We Prefer experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience.
• Excellent planning, organization, communication and thought leadership skills.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Validated ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong Hands-on Hadoop, Python, Mainframe, DB2 and Teradata experience
• Experience in analysis, design, development, support, and improvements in data warehouse environment with Bigdata Technologies with a minimum of 5+ years' experience in Hadoop, MapReduce, Sqoop, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, Hue, Kafka, Yarn
• 2+ Experience in PySpark, Spark.
• 2+ Experience in Scala Development.
• Python experience is a plus
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes
Education: Bachelor's Degree or a level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in related field.
At CGI, we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Hadoop Hive
- Spark SQL
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.