The Head of User Experience Design is responsible for crafting and delivering on global omnichannel experience strategy for all our brands Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Abercrombie Kids and Gilly Hicks. Using human-centered design principles, they lead teams to gain a thorough understanding of the motivations, needs, and desires of our customers and then transform our customer experience to both meet the needs of our business and the ever-changing expectations of our customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
* Redefine our approach to UX design to be both channel agnostic and customer-centric
* Develop a cross-functional, strategic vision of where our customer experience is headed
* Establish UX best practices, translating in our handwriting when relevant to our brand experiences
* Evolve design methods, tooling, and process in collaboration with designers + cross-functional partners
* Evangelize and Facilitate Design Thinking throughout the enterprise
* Work cross-functionally to develop, measure, and optimize experience
* Translate the voice of our customer, principles of our brands, and needs of our business into experiences unique to the diverse audiences across our four brands
* Identify opportunities for user research and usability testing to inform prototypes, concepts, current and competitive experiences
* Audit and improve existing tools, products and platforms and evaluate and assess prospective tools or platforms that will deliver our experience design vision
* Design and evolve experiences that improve the performance of our digital ecosystem across search engines
* Balance cross-functional requests to form an effectively prioritized user experience roadmap with proven ability to align leadership, key stakeholders, and supporting teams to march towards one goal
* Build a user experience design practice purpose-built for our organization at its current maturity/proficiency and accelerate path to industry best practices and industry-leading experiences
* Data driven approach to UX Design while taking into consideration broader brand and company business strategy
* Grow and mentor a team of assistant and senior designers and develop cross-functional training programs
* Lead a team of 10 multidisciplinary designers in UX Research, UX Design, and product content
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BRING?
* Expert in articulating complex customer and business needs in easy to understand concept expressions and presentations
* Deep understanding of the landscape of experiences that continuously shape and re-shape user expectations and the storytelling ability to orient our experiences in the current ecosystem of our customers
* Understanding of User Experience Metrics and Usability Best Practices
* Design Staffing with Project and Product managers
* Design Lifecycle: Project planning, concept, validation
* Ability to plan and lead design workshops / sprints
* Information Architecture & Wireframing
* User Interface, Interaction, and Motion Design (either personal or supervising others)
* Organizational Knowledge: Understands how to work collaboratively and navigate complex relationships throughout different parts of the organization
* Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 Accessibility Requirements
* Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates ability to evaluate and pivot based on new information to meet the needs of the situation
* Demonstrated ability to understand and influence the measurement of experience from qualitative and quantitative perspectives, and clearly connect this information to design solutions
OUR TOP CANDIDATES WILL HAVE..
* Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Visual Communication, Cognitive Science, or related field
* 8-10 years designing or researching on a UX or Digital Design team
* 3+ years managing designers
* Experience communicating with fast-paced, highly cross-functional teams with multiple stakeholders
* Comfortable moving between digital (native & app) as well as brick & mortar
* Familiar delivering experience in both agile and waterfall environments
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.