Software Engineering III
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our digital solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services.
- Design, develop and implement business and technical features on the Ecommerce platform
- Work with Architects to ensure system is implemented as designed and in adherence with Shared OMS implementation guidelines.
- Partner with business, Product teams and other domain architects to translate business requirements and vision into core Ecommerce system capabilities
- Come up with easy technical solution as per Architecture guidance
- Create / modify very complex program part of your domain’s repository to answer business requirements
- Know as our subject matter expert part of your domain
- Provide domain expertise by recommending guidelines, methodologies, and tools through extensive interaction with other groups such as vendors, industry forums, enterprise SOA and architecture teams etc.
- Create and evolve application documentation as required
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable.
- Technical coach for junior Engineer and Offshore team
What you bring to the table:
- Experience as a full stack developer / can make both front and back-end changes
- Experience in coaching / leading junior / offshore Dev team members
- Excellent analytical abilities and a strong intellectual curiosity
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing micro service-oriented architectures
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
- 5+ years of experience working with web services (SOAP/HTTP, REST),
- 5+ years of combined experience in developing applications with relational and non-relational database technologies
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field).
- Experience working in retail domain and developing e-commerce solutions
- Experience in Java 8, Spring Boot, Postgres, Kafka, Couchbase, Netflix OSS, Linux, React
- Experience in building micro-services.
- Experience in working event driven architecture.
- Experience with cloud architecture and technologies
- Experience working in projects using Agile methodology
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.