LOGISTICS DONE DIFFERENTLY.
At Employer, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Industrial Automation Engineer II, you will be responsible for analyzing high labor content activities across XPO and designing automation to improve operational efficiency with a short ROI and ROIC. You will be challenged with finding ways to improve productivity and developing strategies to help people work smarterensuring we stay ahead of our competitors in the marketplace, and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
PAY, BENEFITS AND MORE.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
WHAT YOULL DO ON A TYPICAL DAY:
* Design, plan, source, and implement automation solutions, including robotics, conveyors, sorters, scanners, vision systems, PLCs, etc.; conduct root cause analysis of labor and/or process inefficiency through operational data analysis, pareto, review, time studies, statistics, simulation, and discussions with operational leadership; provide technical leadership and creative thinking skills to guide best fit equipment selection for automation projects
* Utilize experience in implementing all types of sorters, goods to person systems including high-density automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS) carousels and robotic systems
* Develop automation design and equipment specifications for the implementation of automation solutions including identifying facility design requirements based on activity levels, product envelope, product flow, and transportation methods; building layouts and power requirements to accept automation designs; specifying material handling and storage equipment solutions
* Partner with installation vendors to ensure implementation meets design requirements
* Determine startup and ongoing personnel requirements for automation solutions based on activity levels and product profile; identify management and supervisory requirements for operations personnel, determine special skills needed, and provide job descriptions for hiring
* Determine required maintenance support positions for each site depending on equipment functionality and service level requirements for on-site operations; develop preventative maintenance tasks and schedules to mitigate less than 100% up time operations
* Work with IT team to identify and document new IT functionality not currently available; identify changes to existing functionality currently available, and test IT solutions and functionality; configure table data, location logic table data, strategies, commodity table data and system flag settings for functionality; develop time estimates for process documentation, conversion of existing processes and development, testing and implementation of new processes; publish start-up plans with milestones and responsibilities
* Specify packing methods to be used based on mode/method of transportation and product profile; specify containers/cartons and packing (void fill) medium requirements; identify outbound labeling/documentation requirements; provide annual cost estimates for packing materials; and create cartonization tables
* Develop process and procedures for human interface functionality with automation equipment and then supporting validation techniques and metrics to ensure successful project completion; ensure transition of all process, procedures, metrics, and maintenance requirements are transitioned to local operations, implement department process plans providing resolutions to an assortment of problems that may occur during start up and implementation
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AT XPO:
At a minimum, youll need:
* Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering with focus in robotics/automation engineering curriculum
* 3 or more years of high-volume operations and distribution-related work experience
* PLC experience and electrical controls of motors, VFDs, switches, diverters, spirals, and conveyors
* Proficiency in AutoCAD
* Experience with simulation software, 3D modeling, drawing/design of components and parts of systems
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Mini Tab and Six Sigma analysis tools
* Solid knowledge of project management principles and uses judgment within defined practices and procedures
* Availability to travel up to 75% of the time depending on project lifecycle
Itd be great if you also have:
* Experience with various conveyor components and types
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills#LI-DK1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oral, Toyota and many others. Were the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and were just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.