Position Title: Instructor, Mobile Application Development
Educate and train students to gain skills, knowledge and behaviors and support their successful entry into the workplace or higher education, in a manner that supports the program within industry and the community and is consistent with District Core Values.
1. Effectively manage the classroom to create optimal learning environment, maintaining an appropriate balance of classroom discipline.
2. Plan and organize instructional materials/supply inventories/tools/equipment, update lesson plans and instruct students in competency-based developmental program curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to subject matter (i.e., classroom, self-paced, Blackboard interactive website, lab, clinicals, etc.) to assure highest quality classroom instruction.
3. Evaluate students on a recurrent basis to provide timely indications of student’s progress toward competencies and knowledge required for successful completion of program.
4. Provide academic, personal and behavioral counseling to students to support their successful completion of program requirements. Collaborate with District administration and Student Service representatives to devise appropriate intervention measures to effect maximum student retention and program completion.
5. Maintain up-to-date records of student attendance, academic progress and grades as required by District policy and certification agencies. Process, maintain and/or monitor paperwork required for District operations (inventory purchasing, follow-up data, etc.)
6. Develop and maintain community/business contacts and participate with industry advisory committee to promote interaction among students and practitioners, assure the program curriculum remains a current reflection of job market skill requirements and to facilitate placement of students.
7. Participate in projects/assignments in support of the campus or program, as assigned, which might include activities such as: assistance with CTSO activities/competitions, attendance at school events, performing monitoring duty in assigned area, etc.
8. Continue to develop professional expertise in educational methodology and learning strategies as well as in industry-specific topics through attendance/ participation at conferences, professional development training, professional associations, and industry events.
9. Perform tasks and duties relevant to any of various roles or responsibilities assigned by supervisor and determined by management to be appropriate for this position; comply with all policy, procedure, regulation and other communicated requirements as may be in effect for the work group or work site.
10. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions regarding the provision of services to internal and external customers and in day-to-day operations of the department.
Interpret and implement policies in a manner consistent with the interests of the District. Provide advice and consultation to executive management as requested. Investigate and resolve issues, as needed, represent the department and District in a professional manner to all.
This position requires a minimum of three (3) years, within the last five (5) years of instructor or industry experience with one or more of the following programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDEs); C++, C#, Objective C, Android Studio, Java and Xcode. Experience programming in languages used to build mobile apps (Java, Swift, Kotlin) is required for this position. Prefer certification in areas similar to those listed under experience required (or willingness to attain). Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License. Must be willing to obtain, at own expense, all necessary college coursework, including possible credit hours beyond a Bachelor’s Degree, in order to obtain a State of Oklahoma Standard Teaching Certificate. ODCTE’s Business Marketing and Information Technology Certification must be obtained in order to teach secondary students.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Bachelor’s degree not required upon employment, but required for certification.
Hiring Range: $41,000 – $56,040 annually dependent on experience and education, plus additional $6,600 annual compensation for salary-in-lieu of dependent benefit coverage.
Benefits: Employee Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick Leave, Personal Leave, Pension Plan, 457 Savings Plan and paid holidays during work months.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.