IT Infrastructure Manager
San Jose, CA, US
Requisition Number: 78757
By joining Insight Enterprises as an IT Infrastructure Manager, you will enter a collaborative and high-energy world. We are providing the hardware, software and licenses for a Hospital operating in Mountain View, CA and are currently aware of an immediate opening for a IT Infrastrucutre Manager to join the team on a 2-3+ month contract to backfill the IT Infrastructure Manager position, while that person backfills for the IT Director for the next couple of months.
This is managerial position overseeing the Network, SysAdmin and Storage teams so experience managing people and articulating strategy to leadership is required, this person will also be very involved with the day to day planning. The environment here hsa a streamlined staff so this Management position still rolls up their sleeves on planning and project execution, not actually doing configuration and device management but still very involved overseeing and needs a good fundamental background on how these technologies work.
Please note, this contract will require you to work on-site in Mountain View. You will have 16 direct reports working on the hospitals infrastructure.
What you will be doing:
* Provides supervision, oversight, and coordination of daily activities related to the design, development, and functions of the Server & Storage, Network, and Telecom Groups within Technical Services.
* Develops and implements processes to maintain superior service and ensures that the functional needs of the organization are understood and met.
* Responsible for critical decision making and coordination prior to escalating to the Technical Services Director.
* Acts as senior project manager for all server, storage, network, and telecom implementation projects.
* This position also acts as a consultative resource for major systems related projects, which include upgrades, conversions, implementations, and decommissions.
* The scope of this position covers all server, storage, network, and telecom systems hardware and software for the hospital, its campuses, and associated businesses.
What you need to join:
* Server, storage, network or telecom related certification such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCP in a Windows Server Operating System, MCSE, VMware, etc.
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or Management, or two years directly related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
* Three years’ work experience in Information Technology with at least two years’ experience within a healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
* One year of work experience in a position that required supervisory, leadership, or project management responsibilities.
* Demonstrated understanding of server, storage, network, and telecom hardware and software.
* Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
* Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks. Must take the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.
* Ability to organize and deliver presentations in written and verbal formats.
* Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
What would be nice to see:
* Applicable Certifications
* Experience with Palo Alto Security
* Experience with Cisco ISE
* Experience with Pure Storage
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at .
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
* Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today’s talent leads tomorrow’s success. Learn about careers at Insight: .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Mountain View || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || None || None || US – San Jose, CA ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, Cisco, Supply Chain Manager, Technology, Operations
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.