Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our FDOT client site in Chipley, FL as an ITS Network Contract Manager.
Serves as a senior network engineering resource for the network supporting the North American enterprise for Atkins, with a primary focus on the effective operations and engineering of enterprise networking.
Ensures that IT global initiatives and standards are achieved within the scope of responsibility.
Participates in 24/7 support for the production environment, including on-call support.
Responsible for the installation, configuration, operation and on-going maintenance of the production environment.
Takes ownership of problem management, and prioritizes remediation of issues according to business needs.
Manages ticket queues and prioritizes tasks according to business needs.
Monitors, manages and reports on standards of service and the associated service level agreements.
Works closely with operations, internal customers and outside vendors to effectively plan, deploy and maintain production environment.
Ensures change management is properly deployed and followed for all tasks.
Maintains up-to-date documentation on production environment.
Provides technical support and coordination with the on-site system administrators to solve technical and operational problems.
Collaborates closely with colleagues in the wider Telecommunications, Network IT Security and Infrastructure team to ensure effective cross team working.
Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field plus eight years relevant industry experience, including 4 years of hands-on operations experience. Previous experience managing network operations team a plus.
Strong knowledge of the following is required:
– Branch & Wide area network design, routing protocols like BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, IPv4 & IPv6, Multicast, DNS, DHCP etc.
– QoS design, deployment strategies and architectures
– Campus Network Design and Switching protocols like VLAN Trunks, STP, VTP, CEF, Ether Channel, HSRP/VRRP, FabricPath, etc.
– IP Telephony, Wi-Fi network setup (Aerohive experience and Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity or Avaya CM experience is a plus)
– Firewall & UTM device installation, configuration and maintenance etc. (Checkpoint or Netscreen experience is a plus)
– Proxy Services like Bluecoat, Microsoft TMG, etc.
– Monitoring tools like CA eHealth, Solarwinds Orion, PRTG, or Ciscoworks
Good knowledge of the following is required:
– Firewall, IDS/IPS, AAA/RADIUS, remote access and other networking technologies from Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint etc.
– WAN Optimization technologies such as those from Cisco WAAS or Riverbed RiOS
– Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, UNIX & Linux operating systems
– Server & Desktop Virtualisation Technologies
– Microsoft technologies like Exchange, Active Directory, CCM, WSUS, MDOP, SCOM, ISA, OCS/Lync etc. (experience integrating Micorosoft OCS/Lync to Unified Communications is a plus)
– Various network storage (SAN/NAS) & backup technologies
– IT asset management & ITIL framework
Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, with special ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to work effectively with managers, IT staff and users to assess needs and analyze problems.
Skilled in identifying problems and solving them. Skilled in mastering the application of new technology and researching new products.
CCNP in R & S mandatory. CCNP certifications in other disciplines or passing CCIE written are a plus. ITIL certification is a plus.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Atkins is a drug free workplace.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement below:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.