Java API Developer
Java developer with API Development experience. Technologies used are Springboot and Microservices on the backend with Angular on the front end. Apigee API management is also in play.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Interacting with a distributed scrum team with members both onshore and offshore
• Technical expertise in designing, coding, testing, and debugging software.
• Ensuring that software meets or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
• Iterative feature development on an agile team.
• Developing testable features with lean requirements and supervision.
• Daily agile SCRUM participation.
• Communication with offshore peers as well as with onshore team members and client stakeholders.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3+ years' experience as Java/J2EE developer with 5+ years of overall experience as a developer.
• Strong aptitude for learning on the fly, embracing new technologies, and willingness to make stretch goals
• Experience with java frameworks, preferably Spring and Springboot
• Experience with web services (ie: WSDL, Restful)
• Experience with Microservices
• Experience with Apigee
• Knowledge of UI development (Angular)
• Experience writing and maintaining unit tests and managing code coverage (Junit, SonarQube)
• Experience with NoSQL (ideally Mongo) databases is a plus
• Experience with GIT version control
• Ability to troubleshoot issues independently
• Ability to mentor others
Future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Ability to think independently, work and communicate with others at all levels, and make progress efficiently
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
Written and oral communication
GIT or other source code control
Agile Development experience
Scum methodology experience
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.