What you’ll be doing…
Join our IT Application Security team where you will be responsible for development and integration tools. We host a suite of internally developed tools to automate existing processes of applications and functional areas such as open source scans and third party data inspections.
– Developing and testing application software to modify existing architecture or implementing new architecture.
– Conforming to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to source code scan and other security tool review requirements.
– Making necessary changes to the system interfaces utilizing Verizon’s DevOps source code libraries and configuration management procedures.
– Setting up and integrating software applications and providing post-rollout application support for assigned projects.
– Installing, configuring and administering DevSecOps technologies in support of secure development lifecycle.
– Building tools and automation scripts that enable developers to efficiently consume security services.
– Driving security by design through automation and continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.
– Assessing and providing recommendations regarding current and proposed architectures and systems.
– Supporting migration of application software to public cloud.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Four or more years of relevant work experience.
– Experience with Java/J2EE development.
Even better if you have:
– A degree.
– Experience with web services development, and database design/development.
– Experience with public cloud (AWS) and deploying automation in the cloud.
– Experience with DevOps development tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket, Docker, Kubernetes & Ansible
– Knowledge in web and API development practices.
– Experience using common security testing tools and remediation.
– Understanding of cyber security domains.
– Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
– Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to create support documentation for end-users.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.