Are you ready for a rewarding and inspiring career?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for several US federal and international agencies. This US-based position will support a UK effort focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it many important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
The Senior Java Developer will play a critical role in the sustainment of the existing environment, development and delivery of new features and functionality, as well as migration to the cloud. The selected candidate will collaborate with other engineers, SMEs, architects, the customer, and other functional areas to design, develop, and deliver solutions. In this role, the individual will participate in a team responsible for small to moderately sized deliverables. To be successful, the individual must have deep understanding of the Java programming language and related technologies, such as Hibernate, Camel, and Spring.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Mission:
- Collaborate with other engineers, SMEs, and architects to design, develop, debug, test, document, and deploy software enhancements related to the system, in accordance with the Software Development Strategy
- Participate in and/or lead a small development team to meet schedule for projects and releases
- Investigate, identify, and mitigate software and system issues
- Work closely with other software engineers and test engineers to ensure new and modified software is fully verified prior to promotion to a build
- Document solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Coordinate with other team members, project managers, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle
- Utilize the Atlassian suite, including Bitbucket, Jira, and Jenkins to support software development efforts, track work, and automate builds and deployments
What Sets You Apart:
- Must be a US Citizen with at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be granted confirmation of clearance by UK government
- BS degree and 4+ years, or Master’s with 2+ years, of prior relevant experience
- 4+ years Java experience
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks
- Ability to work independently and/or under supervision
- Experience in development of documentation
You Might Also Have:
- Biometrics system and specification (DOD, FBI, or HONE) experience
- 3+ years C/C++ experience within the last 2 years
- Perl, Python, and/or bash Scripting experience
- AWS experience
- Certified in SAFE
- Possess an active DoD Secret level clearance at the time of consideration. Additionally, this role requires UK confirmation of US clearance before starting.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range $78,000.00 – $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.