Are you seeking an excellent opportunity in a growing organization? Looking for a company that offers growth and advancement? Broadridge is hiring! Were seeking an experienced and driven Senior Software Engineer to join a cross stack Agile Team developing new features and improvements to a software suite providing solutions to our large Financial Industry Clients, enabling the management of their Securities Financing and Collateral Management operations.
This is a phenomenal time to join Broadridges SFCM Development Team. The Department is currently in the progress of large-scale modernization of working practices across almost all operations, from commitment to the continuous evaluation and evolution of planning and dedication that is at the heart of Scaled Agile, to complete overhaul of our source control management model, investment in DevOps, and a shift towards growing modularity of design as our applications fit into the large ecosystem of solutions that Broadridge provides to clients as a whole. Our Developers work in self-managed Squads delivering and giving to the overall global Product with involvement and influence at all stages of the software lifecycle.
Senior Engineers are expected to provide both ideas and leadership in our transformation journey, making this a strong opportunity for someone who wants the challenges of working on a sophisticated enterprise system, an active role in process improvement and actively mentoring Developers in the early stages of their career and to instill the benefits of your experience.
The primary responsibility for this role will be to design and develop high quality solutions, adding functionality to our application server, the role of which is to reconcile the demands of processing large amounts of data from a sophisticated data model with the requirements of an MVVM based .Net front end. Developers carrying out work on our server layer should always consider the ability to migrate the front end from desktop to web-based technologies in the future. The role will therefore also naturally bring significant opportunities to operate cross-stack in other tiers, both back end and front. The server is a java application and so significant experience of java development at enterprise level would be highly beneficial, but any candidate with extensive experience of application servers, who has written in an object-oriented language, event driven processes and the associated design patterns would be considered, giving willingness to rapidly add Java to their skill set.
* Design and development of new functions and modules for the SFCM suite of Products.
* Be directly involved in crafting testable and maintainable software.
* Collaborating closely with Development Team Lead, Solution Architect, Technical Architect, and peers, as appropriate, to ensure specifications and estimates are of high quality.
* Actively engage in Agile working processes, such as collaborative planning, story pointing and retrospectives.
* Drive the teams continuous improvement process.
* Take a hardworking approach to technical innovation.
* When appropriate, investigate new technologies.
* When required, assist in the analysis of support issues, provide mentorship and knowledge to Support Teams.
* Active involvement in the knowledge transfer mechanism to allow staff to gain knowledge and understanding of the development cycle.
* Work in a collaborative work environment and actively communicate with peers.
* Work with the Development Team Leader to mentor Junior Team Members and help them reach their potential.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.