The Software Engineer will work as a member of the IT department to develop and maintain software systems for CAP accredited and CLIA-certified specialty reference laboratory, which is dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. The candidate will support the full SDLC of our Laboratory Information Systems, as well as support development of instrument and system interfaces and reports. The candidate must be capable of working independently and as part of a larger project team to see a project through to completion.
- Design and develop new functionalities & enhancements for existing applications, based on needs of our internal clients in accordance with software development best standards and practices
- Participate in all aspects of LIMS system support and development to include: programming, system analysis and troubleshooting
- Develop interfaces, between systems and instruments
- Assist in the design, development, maintenance and administration of LIMS solutions, including both development and configuration of the system and interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of programming in an object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++, etc…).
- Hands-on database (Oracle, MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL) experience required
- Understanding of Java web applications, SOAP and REST web services
- Hands-on database experience required. SQL querying needs to be done both by hand and in-code.
- Understanding REST web services.
- 1+ years of GIT usage.
- Experience with Agile software development and application lifecycle management.
- Experience with Spring Boot is a huge plus.
- Any exposure to these technologies is also a plus: Functional programming, LIMS/LIS applications, Jira, Linux, Okta.
- Experience with Agile software development and application lifecycle management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle and object-oriented programming standards and practices.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must work with confidential and sensitive data in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.