Auto req ID: 6052BR
Employee type: Regular – Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We
are specialist solution providers and are committed to building
leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing
travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry.
Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is
powered by Travelport
Are you looking for a role where you can get stuck in and prosper in a
varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple
executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
As a Java Software Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the
exciting world of Travel Tech.
This position resides in the Hospitality group within Travelport.
Hospitality is responsible for securing distribution deals with major
hotel, car chains and ground transportation companies all the way
through to ensuring that our travel agent and corporate customers book
our products. In addition, the Hospitality team is fully responsible
for Travelport s Digital Media business (i.e. the distribution of
travel advertising to our travel agents).
The Hospitality group is considered one of Travelport s key growth
drivers over the coming years. As a result of this and the phenomenal
revenue growth we have seen to date, we are looking for a resourceful
and results-oriented engineer who will help in developing the next
generation of travel technology. You will join a growing team in
building new platforms based on exciting technologies such as
microservices architecture and cloud computing as we lead the company
in the transformation to an Agile development approach.
Defining characteristics of our team are our ability to constantly
learn and improve both in what and how we deliver value and in how we
work together. By attending conferences, we stay abreast of
developments in technology. We have frequent developer days to
practice and learn new things in addition to team exercises to share
our learnings. Through running experiments continuously, we find
better ways of working. We visit and sit with customers to understand
their needs, working hard to exceed their expectations. Our very
flexible working environment fosters a work/life balance.
This role might be for you:
* If you love designing and developing highly scalable quality
* If you demand to be a part of the end-to-end solution; from
understanding the customer through loading the solution to
* If you resist being labeled a back-end or front-end developer
and willing to do what s necessary to deliver the right thing to
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or
the equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficient with OOD and OOP
* Agile mindset and development experience
* Web Services Development (resource-oriented architecture, RESTful
web services, XML JSON)
* 2-5 years of Java programming (experience with JDK 1.7+)
* Experience in 1+ other programming language
* Spring Framework 4.x.x
* Maven 3.x.x
Things that will separate you from the masses:
* Microservices development
* DevOps implementation (Deployment, Environment Configuration,
Monitoring and Maintenance.)
* CloudNative development
* Good handle on general application architecture constructs like
high-availability, scalability, security and low-latency.
* Understanding of service-oriented architecture and common design
* Exposure to networking (TCP, UDP, topologies), HTTP(s), binary
protocols, firewalls and load balancers
* Understanding of concurrency, parallel processing, multi-threading
* Linux/Unix experience, bash shell scripting, cross platform
* Linux/Unix sysadmin experience
* Cloud Management
* NoSQL/SQL/Relational DB
* Travel Industry experience
If you feel this sounds like you, we d love for you to get in touch.
What s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied
with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive
organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Posted: October 2, 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.