Job Description BAE Systems is looking for well-qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the readiness and sustainment of the USAF ICBM program. The ICBM System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure and reliable MM III weapon system as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through 2030. This contract augments organic resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM Demonstration / Validation (Dem/Val) Integrated Applications Programs.
The perfect candidate will have demonstrated intimate familiarity with the Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting (REACT) Weapon System Control Console (WSCC) as well as experience in ICBM Systems Engineering practices and knowledge of the USAF Acquisitions processes. A self-starter is expected to step in and assume responsibility for this already-in-progress program supporting a team of engineers and program manager to meet or exceed the expectations of the Air Force team.
This position reports to the LCCBU Program Manager, and is responsible for:
Supporting the Program Manager and Engineers by:
– Researching drawings to verify proposals by contractors are sound
– Verifying Specification requirements for replacement components are adhered to
– Assuring Interface Control Documents are adhered to
– Performing ‘deep dives’ into historical documentation to ensure system integrity
– Ensuring operational logistics integrity is maintained throughout the acquisition process to provide a seamless transition to the new components
– Reviewing technical data to ensure technical and procedural content.
– Review, advise, and provide program managers technical assessment comments on Contractor documents and CDRL submissions
– Review, advise and support program test activities of all Contractor acquisition events
– Provides technical input on program acquisition documents in support of milestone requirements
– Participates in multiple site visits at government and proposed contractor locations
– Supports development and presentation of acquisition related briefings to USAF Senior Officers
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education 18+ Years with HS
14+ Years with AA
12+ Years with BS
10+ Years with MS
7+ Years with PhD
7 yrs of progressive technical experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
– Fifteen years of MM III sustainment, MM III modification programs, or a combination of the two with knowledge of REACT system.
– In depth understanding of MM III systems integration and systems engineering processes
– Experience in supporting Sustainment Engineering Teams with a focus on launch control centers and/or launch facilities.
– Bachelor’s degree
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit ****************** and follow us on Facebook: *********************************
on Company Website
Job ID: 37627BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Hill Air Force Base, UT 84056
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.