Note: Strong in Python, R and SQL and Lead experience.
Role: Data Scientist
Basking ridge, NJ
Ideal candidate for this role is someone with a strong background in software programming and statistics who is eager to tackle data challenges with large, complex datasets using machine learning, predictive analytics and the latest open source and cloud technologies. You are a self-starter who will take ownership of your projects and deliver high-quality data-driven analytics solutions. You are adept at solving diverse business problems by utilizing a variety of different tools, strategies, algorithms and programming languages.
– Collaborate with stakeholders to carryout exploratory data analysis, design and development of advanced machine learning algorithms to solving complex business problems that may be loosely defined
– Collect and analyze data from diverse internal and external source systems and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of the data and data gathering techniques
– Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets for normalization
– Develop A/B testing framework to test model quality
– Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
– Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
– Provide architectural support by building proof of concepts & prototypes
– Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
– Proficient in SQL and advanced data manipulation techniques
– Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision tree, artificial neural networks, etc.
– Experience using statistical programming with at least one language such as Python, R, Scala
– Experience using machine learning libraries for Python (scikit-learn, pandas, scipy, numpy, etc)
– Experience in text mining using natural language processing, topic modelling, entity extraction, etc.
– Experience developing data visualizations using a tool such as matplotlib, shiny, bokeh, etc.
– Experience in command line and scripting languages
– Familiar working in parallel, distributed systems with technologies such as spark
– Ability to effectively present and explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
– Actuarial background will be of advantage
Sr Talent Acquisition
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.