Responsible for transforming large, complex data into consumable business databases and applications for self-service analytics and reporting. Create system architecture, design and specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals. Works closely with a variety of team members to clearly define data product requirements and technical roadmaps. Determine and source appropriate data for a given analysis. Work with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are trying to solve then create or augment data assets to feed their analysis. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
This is a lead position within the Business Data and Intelligence organization. The BDI group is responsible for Comcast Business data collection, and one of the major goals is to harmonize the data ingestion and consumption layers across Comcast Business. The Lead will be responsible for the operational support of the BDI Data Mart (SQL Server Database) and reporting tools (OBIEE, Tableau) as well as being involved in strategic initiatives for reducing technical debt and improved processes.
- Creates technical documentation (internal) using understanding of internal business areas and processes as well as working knowledge of database design, data manipulation, ETL, implementation, information storage & retrieval and data flow & analysis.
- Designs and architects databases and applications and leads each project through implementation, using in-depth understanding of product life cycle and industry technical knowledge.
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing knowledge of policies and processes. Recognize and identify implications of changes on projects upstream.
- Solves problems using an aerial view (architectural perspective) and provides recommendations to improve products. Shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity volume regarding specific data sources.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas; such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation within big data systems like Hadoop (Kafka, Spark, Ambari and Hawk), SQL and HiveQL. Uses fluency in primary technology and proficiencies in one or more secondary technologies to support adoption of additional or new technologies’ by the team.
- Serves as a team leader on projects spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Presents to broader senior leadership team. Understands other business units and how they affect the team and work. Acts as a liaison between business owners and technical associates to ensure the data collected and processed is both actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational models. Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality.
- Primarily focused on Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, data extract methods using various technologies (Presto, Spark, MinIO, etc.), and Reporting solutions (OBIEE and Tableau) as a Data and Solutions Architect.
- Lead and participate in development efforts to reduce technical debt and help team move towards long term vision.
- Assists in the development of solution architecture (both tactical and strategic,) data architecture, BSS/OSS architecture, and identity management to fully manage/support enterprise needs, services, systems and technology management.
- Recommends and implements scalable processes to support and benefit the organizations’ architecture vision.
- Recommends and develops repeatable and scalable processes in order to increase time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with cross teamwork streams, and suggests areas of improvement to development teams to improve operational efficiency.
- Promotes the effective use of information management systems throughout the Company. Consults and provides expert knowledge and training on cross-functional teams/initiatives.
- Builds develops and guides a team of employees. Conducts performance reviews and manages overall group performance. Provides training and mentoring.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Manages Infrastructure/Strategic projects and support.
- Process, Standards, and Automation.
- Security procedures and policies.
- Automation (CI/CD)
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.