Food Services of America, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest broadline food distributors, providing a full spectrum of food and supplies to our customers throughout the western and mid-western states. Our customers include independent and chain restaurants, schools, hospitals, hotels, and government foodservice operations. The Lead Software Developer is part of the Customer Solutions development team responsible for our Customer facing tools and applications. The Customer Solutions team operates under the context of Agile Methodology and the team has the collective skills necessary to work with the Product Owner and the technical knowledge to develop, test and release feature software to our Customers. The Customer Solutions team works on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. ebAPI
When you join the family of Associates at Food Services of America, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you – the employee – our most valuable resource. Food Services of America is a great company to work for with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That’s why our Associates love it here!
5+ years experience developing with C#
2+ year experience developing with AngularJS and Angular
Core Job Skills
The following is a list of Core Soft Skills that prospective Lead Software Developers should possess.
- Stong focus on future strategy and technology direction
- Strong understanding of Agile Methodology and SCRUM Framework
- Ability to Lead Projects and ensures the team’s tasks are getting done
- Ability to lead cross functional IT Team Projects
- Fill in as Scrum Master as needed
- Role Model and Mentor to other developers
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication; ability to mentor others on team who may have a problem communicating their ideas; Ability to document technical processes
- Act as a “sounding board” for Leadership on various technical topics
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify system performance issues and opportunities to improve processes/tasks. Perform gap analysis to identify problems. Desire to understand the root cause of failures. Not just happy with fixing a system but pushing through to the root cause and resolving it there.
Core Technical Skills
The following is a list of Core Technical Skills that prospective Lead Software Developers should possess.
- Promises / Chaining
- AJAX / Asynchronous Calls
- Component Oriented Design
- Module-based Application Structure
- Custom Filters
- John Papa’s Angular Style Guide
- Event Binding
- Class-based Object Oriented Programming
- Static Typing
- CSS / Namespacing
WebAPI / RESTful Services
- Entity Framework Core 2.0
- T-SQL/Stored procs
Core Tools Used
- Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio Team Services including Build and Release
- Source Tree
- Gulp.js Task/Build Runner
- Node.js and NPM
- ES6/ES5 Transpiler
Additional Tools/Technical Skills
- Xamarin Forms
- SQL Server
- SSIS Packages
- ASP.NET Page Lifecycle
- MVVM Pattern
- MVC Pattern and MVC.net
- C# Lambda Expressions / LINQ / Generics
People Successful in this Position
- communicate consistently and effectively
- like variety and learning new things
- like problem solving
- like sharing their knowledge
- like helping others
- willing to review your strengths and opportunities as they relate to your competencies, and work with your Manager to choose an area of developmental focus on an annual basis
- We work in a “Virtual Office” environment where many of the team is remote.
- This position will be expected to spend time at the Scottsdale Corporate Office as necessary.
- Even though we are in Virtual Offices we collaborate frequently using tools like Skype for Business for Webcam and VoIP.
- Bring a sense of humor – We are a close knit team and joking with each other is encouraged.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.