This position is responsible for developing thorough test plans for medium to complex systems to ensure a smooth transition from a development environment to a production environment. Responsible for mentoring lower level staff. Responsible for testing, reviewing and learning medium to complex functionality of software applications developed in house and those purchased from third party vendors. Develop and maintain documented standards for quality acceptance of software.
- Develops thorough test plans for medium to complex systems to ensure application functionality meets original requirements to project.
- Works closely with software development staff to test and review applications developed in house or purchased from third party vendors prior to installation.
- Expert knowledge of medium to complex business applications systems as they are used within the business department; researches and responds to application inquires.
- Responsible for mentoring and training lower level staff on best practices (methods and techniques).
- Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance of software.
- Represents QA (Quality Assurance) department at project meetings.
- Maintains up to date test environment.
- Ensures end user documentation correlates with program functionality.
- Maintains an on going self study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge.
Other Job Requirements
Understanding of business applications and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
Demonstrated understanding of various QA procedures and products.
8+ years' experience as a QA Analyst.
General Job Information
Lead System Quality Assurance Analyst
Work Experience – Required
Work Experience – Preferred
Education – Required
Education – Preferred
Bachelors – Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.