Careers Center | OCS Inspector – Rail
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
OCS Inspector – Rail
Job Location US-CO-Denver
Job ID 0518-18677
HNTB Job Title Sr Inspector
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Category Transit and Rail
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, What if? Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, together can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB together also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And together means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. Together means that we are engaged in the communities we serve we live there and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is seeking an OCS (Overhead Catenary System) Inspector – Rail in our Denver, CO office.
Responsible for daily inspection efforts on multiple complex, large, and /or diverse projects in order to ensure contractor’s operations comply with project plans, specifications, and contract documents. Prepares daily and weekly reports on work accomplished by contractor and reviews periodical pay estimates with contractor for accuracy. Prepares sketches and assembles data for Field Engineer to utilize when making changes to the project. May participate in the mentoring, development, and evaluation of staff inspectors. Possess highest level of technical expertise; capable of addressing the most difficult and novel issues/problems.
– Monitor work of Contractor against Project Schedule.
– Review and Resolve quantity disputes with contractor.
– Read and Comprehend contract documents (i.e. plans, specifications, shop drawings).
– Keep Inspector’s Daily Report of assigned work activities.
– Produce As-Constructed sketches as required.
– Perform and or observe on-site material testing.
– Perform sophisticated, complicated mathematical calculations.
– Perform measurements of completed work to date.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
5 years construction related experience
All required jurisdictional certificates and state requirements
– Capable of reading/understanding and interpreting engineering design/construction documents
– Experience with reading/understanding and interpreting construction specifications.
– Railroad Field Experience – working around live track environment
– Construction experience including foundation installation and steel erection
– Knowledge of light rail and/or heavy rail system features
– Ability to prepare reports and documentation of field progress / issues
– Monitor and provide reports of Contractor progress in comparison with Construction Schedule
– Ability to review and understand construction criteria/tolerances and interpret construction progress applicability
– Ability to produce as built documentation
– OCS inspection experience
– Line work construction experience
– Ability to identify issues and provide possible solutions
– OCS installation experience
– Knowledge of light rail and/or heavy rail system operations
– Surveying experience
General Work Conditions
Field Environment: Work is frequently performed in a field environment in which there is consistent exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
Work frequently requires working at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in a field environment. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, and doing extensive walking.
Depending on the specific project, the job may require climbing to various elevations, ability to bend, twist and turn in close clearances, and crawl into confined spaces to perform required work. Select jobs may require work near heavy construction equipment, railroad right of ways, bridges, construction sites, tunnels and airport runways. Work environment may require use of construction/inspection safety equipment including fall equipment. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.