At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Operations Product Support Specialist within PNC’s Midland Loan Services Insurance organization, you will be based in Overland Park, KS.
- Review and train on commercial property and casualty insurance programs and take lead role as a subject matter expert
- Will direct and assist in the design of the claims process.
- Escalate and make oral presentation of insurance deficiencies and/or high risk claims issues to upper management.
- Review commercial loan documents and commercial insurance policy data to ensure insurance requirements are met.
- Identifies the types of risks that occur in insurance and how to apply them to the business.
- Monitors major trends associated with a specific insurance product.
- Assist various departments as in-house insurance consultant.
Knowledge of the insurance industry’s trends, directions, major issues, and regulatory considerations; ability to apply insurance knowledge and experience into various business environments.
- Commercial claim investigation knowledge.
- In-depth commercial property underwriting and lender placed insurance experience
- Understands key insurance industry players and competitors for a specific product or market.
- Communicates possible solutions to major operational issues.
- Knowledge of best practices, key processes and benchmarks for a specific insurance product.
Knowledge of Commercial Insurance
- Comprehensive understanding of major activities related to insurance operations.
- Clarifies basic principles, processes and terminology related to the insurance business.
- Identifies major insurance product categories and corresponding products.
Licenses & Certifications
- Certifications Preferred: ARM (Associate Risk Management Designation), CPCU (Charter Property and Casualty Underwriter)
- Leads a critical operational support service, process, capability or initiative within an operational unit and ensures performance and/or risk indicators are met.
- Establishes and monitors process performance measurements and business impact. Gathers and communicates performance statistics and reports to internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Promotes and monitors the production workflow and assists team members with escalated process issues. Independently identifies and resolves exceptions and serves as a point of escalation.
- Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of production and/or process. Determines and/or drives change and improvement efforts in production and/or processes.
- Ensures the business adheres to policies, procedures and regulatory standards. Independently resolves compliance issues and drives risk mitigation activities.
Manages Risk – Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Business Process Design – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of business process design techniques that encourage a critical, fresh look at key processes and focus on optimizing organizational performance; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Standard Operating Procedures – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Process Management – Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Effective Communications – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities – Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Problem Management Process – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.
Operational Functions – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.