Requisition ID 2017-35234
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Platform Database Administrator in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Platform Administrator will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
This individual will be the main liaison for the onboarding efforts for database migrating to this solution, in addition to, managing a group of computers that comprise the Database as a Service Architecture (Linux, Exadata, ODA, Oracle Vault). This will not only encompass Sys Admins duties of managing the Linux servers; but also storage admins duties of managing the storage cells.
These duties include:
1.Manages the functionality and efficiency of the operating systems of a group of computers that comprise the Database as a Service Architecture (Linux, Exadata, ODA, Oracle Vault).
2.Manages the functionality and efficiency of the storage cells a group of computers that comprise the Database as a Service Architecture (Linux, Exadata, ODA, Oracle Vault).
3.Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
4.Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
5.Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
6.Interacts with other DBA and evaluates vendor products.
7.Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
– Evaluate and assess IAVA compliance and employ mitigations.
– Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems, patches, and systems enhancements.
8.Perform system and some database administration
9.Sets up administrator and service accounts.
10.Familiar with, and be able to understand, the following management and monitoring commands on the specified systems.
11.Maintains system documentation
12.Maintain backups and perform recovery as required.
13.Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resourcesProvides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience with 2-3 years of hands-on experience with Oracle Exadata technologies complimented with the following experiences:
* Demonstrated Operations experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
* Understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Nagios, Splunk, SolarWinds, etc.
* Experience with patching and maintaining server build
* Ability to develop and maintain capacity metric
* Ability to communicate and interpret customer requirements
* Demonstrated knowledge of the following infrastructure principles:
* Fault tolerance
* High availability
* Scalability and Capacity planning
* Data center organization
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime, perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy
* Preferred experience with the following:
* Understanding of ‘database as a service’ and swim lanes of a database administrator.
* Familiarization with Oracle Exadata, ODA,OEM, and Vault.
TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.