Houston, TX, United States
11 hours ago
Expires 01 Oct 2019
Package Technical Lead in Houston, TX, United States
Houston, TX, United States | N/A | Permanent
Wood is currently recruiting for a Package Technical Lead for the Houston, TX Office. Local candidates only please as there is no relocation assistance or per diem.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
– Responsible for producing safe, technically accurate and cost effective mechanical, piping system and equipment designs and deliverables for oil and gas production facilities, ensuring compliance with applicable specifications and standards and completing work within project budget and schedule
– Individual responsibility will be commensurate with capability and experience level
– Works within a project team environment
– Become familiar with project and department procedures
– Prepare data sheets, equipment specifications, inquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations, purchase requisitions and change orders
– Provide updates to the Project equipment list and P & IDs
– Assist in preparation of equipment cost, size, and weight estimates
– Review and markup vendor data for compliance to the purchase requisition and project requirements, ensuring consistency with primary project documents (Equipment List, PFDs, P & IDs)
– Coordinate with engineering and design disciplines to ensure that equipment interfaces with process/utility systems, piping, electrical, instrumentation, and structural are effectively implemented; work with design groups to ensure 3D model accurately depicts equipment/package components
– Communicate effectively with project team, vendor and client; inform Project Lead of significant issues and changes impacting manhours, cost or schedule
– Manage and coordinate technical issues for equipment purchase orders through equipment FAT and delivery
– Understand and monitor package milestone dates related to material purchase, issuance of documents, fabrication, inspection / testing and delivery; help expedite vendors to meet purchase order requirements / project schedule
– Coordinate with package inspector(s). Read inspection reports, attend pre-inspection meetings, prepare vendor site visit reports, attend witnessed tests, attend final inspection, and help resolve quality issues
– Training and mentoring
Skills / Qualifications
– Proficiency with MS Office products
– Working knowledge of regionally applicable codes and standards (ABS/USCG, ANSI, API, ASME, ASTM, European Directives, BSEE, NACE, NFPA, NORSOK)
– 4 years oil and gas production or related industry experience
– Previous experience requisitioning equipment packages
– BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related degree
– Preferred: Licensed Professional Engineer (Texas)
– Occasional field visits, climbing stairs, ladders and lifting up to 25 lbs.
– Potential visits to offshore sites (helicopter, boat)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.