About the position
Are you looking to grow your career within operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking a Trade Operations Analyst who will be responsible for providing operational support and production oversight to the PGIM Fixed Income business for Futures/Options products. This includes providing support for trade confirmation and settlements functions as well as maintaining an open dialogue with Investment Teams, Custodian Banks, FCMs, Prime Brokers, and Broker Dealers.
Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Operations team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of Prudential; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
Job responsibilities may include:
– Daily support and oversight of Futures/Options confirmation/settlement processes
– Analyzing data received from FCMs, custodians, and data vendor
– Maintaining and assisting with onboarding/client request for information
– Overseeing production output of staff as well as researching/resolving confirmation discrepancies and fails
– Gathering and/or analyzing key metrics with regards to activity
– Being the primary operations point of contact for Futures/Options related matters
– Help solve problems and incorporate new processes to mitigate risks
– Help develop departmental policies, guidelines and procedures
– Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of all derivative products and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences
– Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
– Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported
– Communicating operational support changes and initiatives to all impacted areas of PGIM
– Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes
– Futures confirmation and settlements experience required (3 plus yrs)
– Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
– Skills in: Excel, V-LookUp, Pivot Tables, Macro building a plus
– Strong knowledge of derivative products and/or other fixed income products and investment strategies
– Strong leadership skills
– Strong analytical & problem solving skills
– Ability to oversee both production and projects
– Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
– Solid understanding of application of business risk & operational controls
– Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
– Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products
– Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
*Dependent upon the business, flexible work schedules are necessary to provide operational coverage to our business partners from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. One of the responsibilities of this position includes the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasurer’s Policy "Background Screenings on Wire Transfer Associates", any candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including an extensive background screening and credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. Prudential Investment Management follows the NYSE holiday sch
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit ****************** to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at ******************************* for more information about doing business with Prudential.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.