PMO Manager, Scrum Master
May 25, 2018
Richardson, TX, US
Requisition Id :
Additional Work Location(s) :
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
Responsible for Agile Project Management of multiple workstreams within a broader program with a goal of creating next-generation audio, video & control platform. Manage Stakeholder Requirements, conduct Scrum ceremonies, execute Product Backlog, manages Risk for Projects running in Agile Development, actively involve in technical matters, excellent backlog forecasting skills, build Interpersonal relationships with effective communications, Sprint Planning, Organizing, Coaching and Problem-Solving Skills.
Lead a team of 2~3 scrum masters/project managers working in engineering workstreams linked to the platform development.
– Responsible for facilitating multiple Scrum teams and removing impediments to the teams to achieve the sprint goals/deliverables.
– Define & drive Scrum processes. Benchmark, identify improvement, prioritize & execute process improvement initiatives. Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
– Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum & Design Thinking practices and values to delight customers.
– Facilitate road mapping, prioritization, epic & story creation, backlog grooming, sprint planning & execution. Also responsible for coordination between workstreams and scrum teams.
– Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams.
– Coach team members as needed, including resolving conflict.
– Proactively communicate & manage project risks.
– Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence; providing software training to team members as needed.
– Monitor and report on key Agile performance metrics to the leadership team.
– Above all else, foster and model a collaborative team environment driven to build great software products.
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
– Scrum Master experience and CSM or similar certification.
– 8+ years of experience as Scrum Master/Agile Coach leading large-scale, globally distributed multi-workstream project.
– Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development. Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
– Knowledge of other Agile approaches such as Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
– Expert at Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
– Familiar with common Agile Project Management tools & development practices. Expert at generating metrics.
– Must have a ‘whatever-it-takes’ attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results.
– Proven and effective communication, analytical, judgment, initiative and execution skills.
– Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects simultaneously, track responsibilities and meet deadlines.
– Willingness to travel 15% of the time.
– Willingness to work in an office in Richardson, TX.
– Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (**********) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson and Revel, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! ()
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.