Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Requisition ID 2018-10733
Business Area Energy
Position Type Permanent employment
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking a Data Analyst to support our development services and products to improve the delivery of energy efficiency and demand response programs. This position is based in our Las Vegas, NV office.
Tasks May Include
* Analyze data from energy efficiency programs, including energy savings, incentive calculations, technology cost impacts, and application processes/statuses
* Perform a variety of quality control checks to maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data in tracking systems
* Perform database (SQL server, Access, or Oracle) queries and program data analysis as requested
* Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts.
* Write reporting requirement documents, create product specifications and technical mock-ups for tools to support decision making and performance tracking
* Maintain existing dashboard reporting tools, identify enhancements, track and promote usage across company
* Perform and/or manage user acceptance and regression testing
* Develop data visualizations/ reports to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
* Client interaction, developing project plans and supporting analytics offerings
* Work with internal staff and subcontractors to meet program objectives
* Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
* Develop Business Requirements Document (BRD) or User Stories to define business rules and objectives, current operational procedures, risk, input and output requirements, system access, etc.
* Create test case documents to facilitate quality assurance and user acceptance testing prior to product release
Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline, such as engineering, mathematics, statistics, finance, or computer programming is strongly preferred
Experience working with T-SQL is required
Experienced user of MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
Energy efficiency experience is preferred, and the ability to learn how energy savings are calculated is required
Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deliverables, and remaining flexible
Previous experience in business intelligence is highly preferred
Strong presentation skills are required
Display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
Data Visualization Tools/Languages: Tableau, Power BI, D3.js preferred
Familiar with various ETL tools – for transforming different sources of data into analytics data stores is desired
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Strong written and verbal English communication skills
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: ****************************************************************
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at *************
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.