Principal Software Engineer Lebanon, New Hampshire
‘Five years from now we’ll be active in areas we haven’t yet dreamed
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing
and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to
keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based
start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original
founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom s
global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to
create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
Within the Addressing Maps Group, you’ll have the opportunity to
develop systems and tools that are used in map production across the
globe. You’ll be part of a highly motivated team of engineers working
in a fast paced environment. You’ll be developing state of the art
mapping algorithms using latest technologies and tools to solve
complex problems. You’ll design, develop and maintain software
components for scalable systems that support highly visible production
processes, and mentor other team members with these tasks as well.
In this role you will:
* Link TomTom strategy to long term technical solutions
* Be contributor to system architecture, able to prototype proposed
solutions if necessary
* Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
* Mentor other more junior SW Engineers
* Advise Senior Management on own domain. Explain complex technical
issues in an easy way.
* Execute the quality guidelines and deliver high quality tools with
regards to SW layout, performance, output, stability, and
* Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software.
* Execute/follow-up on test plan of the delivered software.
* Perform follow-up on validation efforts for the development
* Provide input on future tool adaptations and applied design.
* Provide support on developed tools towards our customers.
* Advise in the creation of software design and perform follow up of
other software development and test tasks within experience scope.
* Track the technical trends in the market in his/her domain and
report about these issues within and outside the department.
Define and propose projects and actions to stay in tune with the
latest beneficial technology/techniques/methods related to the
activity of TomTom processes
* Fine tune requirement understanding with internal customers on
national and international level.
* Produce technical documentation and communicate technical and
functional possibilities and limitations with process engineering.
* Report on project status and take actions to finish the project
within the time, quality and content definition and requirements
in co-agreement with the software coordinator.
* Review quality-testing issues to guarantee quality and result of
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Principal Software Engineer, this is the kind of
profile we have in mind:
University level with a minimum 10 years of software development
experience; deep understand of architecture within domain,
knowledgeable of industry trends and how to apply within TomTom
process, ability to advise and convince; ability to analyze complex
problems and design maintainable and inexpensive solutions;
demonstrate a positive attitude, promoting communication, cooperation,
and teamwork; proven ability to produce solid software; ability to
learn new techniques and technology as required; is quality driven.
Experience and deep understanding of the following is a must:
* SQL/Database knowledge
Experience and working knowledge of the following is preferred:
* Spring Framework
* Web Services
What do we offer?
* Competitive salary & benefits & Relocation (if necessary)
* An exciting career in a company promoting innovative and modern
* A challenging and fast-moving work environment with an
enthusiastic world class team and very positive work atmosphere
* Great development opportunities: internal workshops, technical
trainings, individual career plan
* An opportunity to take ownership and see your changes through from
development to production and see the direct impacts to the
* Safe, family friendly and outdoors community in the heart of New
Hampshire (you can run or road/mountain bike directly from the
Interested? Apply Today!
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi.
Please click on **********************
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the
world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and
develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep
moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in
navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport
Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and
industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units:
Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics. Founded in 1991 and
headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell
our products in over 46 countries.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.