Requisition ID 2018-42559
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* May serve as a technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
* Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)Certification or equivalent required
* ITIL v3 Certification preferred
* DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.