A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses Be Good At Life. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of ******************* .
Active support of the administration and development of project documentation, communication, tools (data), set up and maintenance, with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
Project Planning stage – the project analyst supports the PM with critical project tool set up (Clarity PPM, SharePoint, Agile Tool), estimate and budget development, RAID controls, charter development, schedule development to direct and support effective, efficient project execution.
Project execution stage – the project analyst assists the PM with implementing and maintaining project / program controls including:
– Compiling and maintaining project status reports and minutes of key meetings
– Maintaining project schedule
– Documenting and reconciling a project deliverable log in support of project phase gates for the PM
– Maintaining RAID (risk, action item, issue, decision) log which is packaged and communicated on a recurring basis
– Communicating relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project’s requirements, unexpected blockers/challenges etc.
– Helping validate financial forecasts and providing ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project expenditures
– Maintaining required program and project methodology TDLC deliverables in support of the Program or Project Manager, specifically ensuring Phase Gate controls and approvals are completed.
– Ensuring adherence to program and project management standard practices set by PMO CoE and utilizing metrics to identify preventive and corrective actions.
Project closure stage – the project analyst performs specific activities for project closure including documentation and lessons learned documentation
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
– Basic project management competencies
– Core IT competencies i.e. knowledge of software delivery lifecycle and methodologies.
– Sound problem solving and critical thinking skills
– Sound business and technical acumen
– Strong work ethic to meet project milestones
– Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
– Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
– Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
– 2+ years of applied, relevant, experience supporting the management of medium or large, cross technology IT or business projects
– Relevant experience could include being a part of an Enterprise Project in the role of Project Administrator, BA or Tester
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: **************.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Social Media, Developer, Testing, Project Manager, Sharepoint, Marketing, Technology
Requisition #: *********
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.