USA-MD-Bethesda-Marriott International HQ
Nov 15, 2018
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
JOB SUMMARYDelivers a project on time, within budget, while meeting Marriott’s expectations. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects, individual work streams, or releases within a major systems implementation program so that that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Shares responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit. Verifies that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Monitors project activities.
This role will monitor key performance metrics and will partner with IT Plan/Build, Global Operations and Oracle to solve for the needs of the properties in their current use and in the future roadmap of the POS solution. Project Manager, in partnership with the IT & Operation disciplines, will identify and prioritize areas of focus, including enhancements, open issues, application updates and training needs of the properties and continent.
The Project Manager is expected to:
– Handle both inbound & outbound communications related to GPOS initiatives, policies & standards, services, and aligning appropriately for the continent.
– Establish GPOS benchmarks, track, report out and work with stakeholders on remediation plans as required.
– Liaison with other groups (IT and Continent) as needed for successful GPOS operations.
– Participate in GPOS related POCs, document and assess value of new products
– Review and improve implementation methods to reduce project costs and increase effectiveness without jeopardizing end goals
– Collaborate with designated business, brand and operations representatives to ensure new products and services are evaluated, and continent is IT ready to receive new technology and upgrades. This includes making sure the new openings team is well trained on current and future GPOS initiatives
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required:
– Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience or certification.
– Minimum of 5 years of relevant & proven experience; including project management, support and technology implementation experience
– Experience in implementing enterprise application packages in distributed environments.
– Knowledge of on-premise and above property GPOS infrastructure and services
– Demonstrated success in developing and leading effective Business Relationships with Senior Leaders
– Strong Business Acumen and in depth understanding of hotel operations and processes
– Demonstrated success in managing Vendors and/or Service Providers to deploy Technology to meet business needs
– Demonstrated ability to create business cases, and prioritize work
– Strong project management competence and skills
– Expertise using Office 365 Apps & Tools
– Working knowledge of Marriott Information Technology StandardsPreferred:
– Graduate/post graduate degree.
– Project Management Certification.
– Experience with business process re-engineering.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Familiarity with Marriott’s PMS/POS applications
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Projects
– Plans projects, including cost, schedule, and deliverables to meet business need.
– Manages budget for program under direct control.
– Serves as liaison between technology resources and business unit.
– Acts as interface with Marriott for requirements, prioritization, and rationalization.
– Interfaces with vendor(s) for programs under direct control.
– Monitors and determines schedules for information systems projects including testing, documentation and training.
– Manages project risks.
– Performs business case development/tracking, including, total process cost.
– Establishes and tracks performance criteria for system operation.
– Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
– Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
– Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
– Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
– Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.Managing Execution
– Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
– Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
– Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
– Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.Building Relationships
– Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
– Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
– Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
– Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
– Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
– Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
– Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
– Technical Acumen – Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challengeso Business Process and Analysis – Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies. o IT Business Management – Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
– Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities. o Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).o Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.o Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.o Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.o Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.