Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 19580
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Airport Operations Team within the Customer Experience Division. This position will be responsible for partnering with internal and external management working groups to evaluate, develop, and justify all phases of project planning and implementation. This position is responsible for leading project team(s) through all phases of Customer Experience projects, including funding submission, requirements definition, business case development, planning and implementation. Responsible for management of and reporting on assigned projects, with techniques and discipline to standard project management methodology.
About The Job (Continued)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Leads management of and reporting on assigned projects using standard project management methodology and tools
* Oversees all aspects of assigned projects from original concept through final implementation
* Acts as Customer Planning’s primary point of contact and subject matter expert for the project and other projects
* Acts as resource to key internal departments to define and prioritize requirements
* Prepares business case justifications in support of all capital asset requisitions
* Uses project management tools and techniques to achieve project milestones in timely manner
* Liaises with other Customer Experience Delivery groups and Airport analysts and with business owner(s)/customer(s) and all other areas/individuals and business stakeholders, including training, IT, testers etc. affected by the project
* Ensures proper project document requirements and deliverables are clearly defined and delivered
* Conducts project meetings; completes project tracking/analysis reports; reports to management and business owners regarding project progress, issues, and risks
* Provides task and analytical guidance to project team
* Coordinates field station preparedness and training support
* Communicates project status to management and business leaders as necessary via presentations and other business documents
* Identifies barriers and solutions requiring management intervention
* Leads change management initiatives
* Develops and assists in the development of detailed requirements and project scope. Defines and prioritizes Customer Planning requirements
* Negotiates for resources (as required) within the context of the project objectives, requirements, and priorities
* Performs other duties as required
* Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience and training
* 3 years of airline experience
* 2 years Project Management experience
* 2 years’ experience developing business solutions, finance, or related analytical work
* Customer Planning and/or operational (airport/res) experience or equivalent
* Extensive experience writing business requirements including project and capital justifications
* Proven collaboration successes across a wide variety of departments and intra department
* 3 years Project Management experience, preferably reservations or airport related
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, etc.
* Knowledge of corporate policies and operational processes and procedures
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize projects, meet all deadlines, balance the big picture with the requisite details and maintain flexibility
* Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees
* Ability to build strong consensus and achieve results though others
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 19580
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Change Management, Technology, Management, Marketing
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.