The Freight Rail Market Sector is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Railroad Engineer and Project Manager for immediate employment in the Philadelphia Office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in design and project management, specific to Class I Railroads. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university. Experience in the freight rail industry and with Public Improvement Projects is required. Structural Design Background is preferred.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Management of the engineering, administration, and financial tasks for a current GEC contract in place with CSXT
* Organizes and conducts civil/structural engineering related tasks and field work which has a well-defined scope
* Works closely with the Regional Freight Rail Market Sector Leadership and Client Account Managers on the execution of key growth initiatives
* Assist in marketing to Class I Railroads, major and regional rail shippers, and other railroad clients.
* Assist offices throughout the Northeast and nationally on railroad pursuits, as necessary
* Serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the AECOM
* Support the transit and rail business line on other projects
* Account for the success, including financial, of freight rail projects as well as accountable for the delivery of project documentation to the high standards of AECOM and the client within specified timeframes
* Assist with the preparation of design tenders and proposals and participate in workgroup technical activities
* Interact with a multi-disciplinary team comprised of track, structures, geotechnical, signals, mechanical, electrical, environmental, and civil engineers and scientists. Will identify and build teams for complex and significant freight rail projects for project pursuits
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Project Manager Freight Rail
Position Status Full-Time
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee’s safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM’s Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
* Bachelors degree in civil engineering or related engineering field
* 5+ years of extensive and diverse experience in the freight rail industry, including experience in project management for public improvement projects
* Railroad Capital Design/Construction Experience
* Railroad Force Account Experience
* Must have thorough working knowledge and understanding of rail design and construction projects
* Must also have demonstrated success in leading projects of capacity improvements, rehabilitation, new construction, and/or overall infrastructure enhancements
* Must have demonstrated leadership experience in business development including strategic planning, market positioning, proposal preparation, client presentations, scope-schedule-fee estimates, contract negotiations, and/or risk management
* Proven ability to successfully develop client relationships and win work
* Must be a self-starter with excellent communication, leadership, planning, and mentoring skills
* Must have strong people skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA – Pennsylvania
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.