Business Title Project Manager Specialist
Requisition Number 34887BR
Salary Plan ADM
Employee Type Full Time
Percent of Travel Required 0-10
Training and Certifications Active Real Estate License preferred.
Visa Sponsorship Available? No
Relocation Available? No
Division Marketing Statement The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Primary Purpose Manages reporting and deliverables from permitting & engineering through construction including closeout documents. Manages the ongoing relationship with the client and ensure the schedule accuracy of the project from start to finish. Supervise outside vendor partners. Identify potential risk. Ensure project schedules are accurately forecasted from permitting & engineering through construction complete.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
– Supports Project Manager for multiple site projects and/or multiple clients.
– May serve as front line client interface, which includes providing reports and attending status meetings.
– Commonly responsible for managing permitting & engineering activities from site survey, drawing preparation, permit submittal through construction complete and close out.
– Prepares and manages plans, schedule, and funding for each assigned project.
– Provides day-to-day leadership, mentoring and development to the engineering and construction team on assigned projects and programs. Recommends staffing additions/ reductions and obtains commitments to meet the needs of each project market leadership.
– Supervises the administration, planning, operations, and work of assigned consultants and subcontractors, independent contractors and ensures meeting of defined deliverables.
– Prepares, reviews and/or approves various reports, forms, correspondence, e-mail messages, logs, budget documents, and group goals and objectives. Ensures quality and completeness of documentation.
– Communicates activities with team members.
– May manage permitting professionals as they coordinate with jurisdictions and land owners to negotiate and secure permits and easements as defined by project scope.
– May provide over site of Engineering Manages and Support engineers as they coordinate with production teams and 3rd party vendors to complete engineering documentations and submittals required for permitting and construction.
– Provide guidance and support to ensure that all construction deliverables are forecasted accurately and delivered on time and within budget.
– Regularly inspects and attends field site visits for construction viability and project progress.
– May identify outside vendors and coordinate contractual requirements.
– Tracks and monitors progress on all open projects.
– Other duties or special projects as assigned.
– Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have direct management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Minimum Qualifications Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience. 5 years of wireless site acquisition, engineering and construction experience. 2+ year’s supervisory experience. Knowledge of tower/wireless industry. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications Prefer previous project management, engineering or construction management experience. Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
– Process Management
– Customer Focus
– Building Effective Teams
– Command Skills
– Confronting Direct Reports
– Directing Others
– Learning on the Fly
– Priority Setting Preferred Technical Competencies:
– Knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) and Telecommunications industry experience
– Ability to work independently or with others
– Excellent oral and written communications skills
– Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
– Ability to interface with clients and drive results
– Ability to provide quality audits for project and site specific documentation
– Real estate, sales, construction or legal negotiation experience (Preferred)
– Ability to provide effective negotiations
– Ability to comprehend legal documents such as, but not limited to, legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and CAD drawings
– Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
– Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program
– Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System
– Demonstrated project execution skills
– Strong supervisory skills
– Client interface skills
– Basic skills for managing low risk projects
– Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms
– Basic knowledge and application of Financial Management
– Basic knowledge and application of PM processes
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females
Recruiter Rachel Daly
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.