At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
The primary function of the Quality Assurance Lead is to ensure the facility complies with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and to monitor food safety guidelines used in the facility. The Lead is also responsible for implementing current and new processes and procedures, communicating with employees, management and outside suppliers, and reviewing audit reports and food certifications.
Pay rate: 20.00hr +shift differential
- Responsible for compliance and adherence of all employees to facility’s GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), monitor effectiveness and make recommendations
- Support team tasks as directed including communicating report results and organizing QA documents, files, etc.
- Understand and identify food safety risks in categories: Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Spices, Functional Ingredients, Flavors (powders, pastes, liquids), and other ingredients.
- Assist management in the regulatory compliance and food safety programs for the plant operations, to include GMPs, Food Safety Plans (FSMA compliance HARPC) and HACCP Plans.
- Assist with Regulatory Guidance for labeling compliance.
- Allergen management within multiple production/operation phases.
- Communicate critical information accurately and timely in support of department goals.
- Provide support for Factor_ training and compliance initiatives.
- Assist with research as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At a minimum, you have…
- Knowledge of the food industry and quality assurance principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Sheets preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Ability to adapt to Factor_ programs and procedure
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to handle objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º – 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Quality Assurance Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action – from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.