Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Leidos has an opening for a Junior Data Scientist for a project supporting HHS in Washington DC. Be part of a team performing a broad and ever-changing array of data science projects supporting national health preparedness and the ongoing COVID-19 response.
The Data Scientist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting communications outreach efforts. Examples of such efforts include: analyzing customer data to help target outreach efforts; creating novel data visualizations of data for a public audience, data exploration, and tracking the manufacture, allocation, and distribution of medical counter-measures. Analyses and modeling will focus on public health response and medical countermeasure mitigation.
- Performing data explorations and analyses to derive insights from existing data
- Developing novel visualizations
- Working with customer to refine a problem and translate into something that can be answered with a model and the available data
- Developing interactive dashboards to display modeling results
- Performing ad-hoc analyses on existing data
- BS in relevant discipline with 1+ years relevant experience OR MS in relevant discipline
- Experience in mathematics, probability and statistics, data science
- Experience with scientific or mathematical software or programming; particularly R or other scripting language (e.g. Python, MATLAB, or Mathematica)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with supervisors, functional peer groups, and/or outside customers
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure ecosystem, including Power BI
- Experience working with a data-science team, including knowledge of best practices of code management and working with large-scale data
Pay Range $53,300.00 – $82,000.00 – $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.