Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser
to experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?Log
Job Locations US-NC-Cary
Research and Development
Designs, develops, and debugs software of diverse scope for new and
existing products in accordance with designated development practices,
timelines and quality expectations. Maintains CSS used for
Publications HTML documentation. Customizes the XML authoring tools
used in Publications and maintains the custom Content Management
System used for Publications documentation projects.
* Designs and develops high quality, testable and scalable software
solutions within established timelines while adhering to R & D best
practices and processes.
* Actively involves other project stakeholders (e.g. managers,
developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers)
to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is
consistent with established R & D standards.
* Participates in project scoping and scheduling; tracks progress of
individual tasks and alerts stakeholders of issues blocking or
preventing completion of task.
* Ensures quality through functional, unit and performance testing;
works closely with testing by providing thorough reviews of the
test plan and communicates when updates to the plan should be made
to cover code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or
* Maintains accountability for the entire life cycle of the code
including support for both internal and external consumers.
* In collaboration with technical writers, authors appropriate level
of design and technical documentation that satisfies both internal
and external consumers
* Performs primary responsibilities on one or more large projects
* Solves problems with some guidance from others.
* Sphere of influence: department and division with some interaction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal, documentation, and problem-solving skills
* Strong programming skills in Java (SE 8 or higher) and CSS.
* Ability to think analytically and effectively communicate issues
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* General knowledge of software development tools, methodologies,
* General knowledge of XML authoring tools and best practices,
including the concepts of markup languages and related
Experience and Education Preferred:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related quantitative
* 3+ yrs of software development/programming experience.
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant
experience may be considered
* Experience creating Eclipse Rich Client plugins would be a plus
* Experience with customizing Arbortext Editor using ACL would be a
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience
may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit.
We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that
makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate:
technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers,
good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be
ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be
determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS
employees performing certain job functions may require access to
technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To
comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or
citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects
this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not
use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us
on LinkedIn LinkedIn Logo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.