Job Location US-CA-San Diego
Job ID 19-9041
Type Regular Hire
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Our recent merger with Genex brings together two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
Mitchell is looking for a SCRUM Master 3 to facilitate and guide development teams to improve the efficiency of their Agile process. The SCRUM Master 3 will work closely with multiple teams to strengthen their agility by providing the support necessary to enable the teams to maximize the value they deliver each sprint. We are looking for candidates that understand and display the attributes of a servant leader. They must have strong communications stills and enjoy developing and building strong working relationships across all stakeholders. Candidates should be able to perform the following activities:
* Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
* Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
* Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
* Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
* Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
* Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
* Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
* Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
* Providing all support to the team, and leading by example.
* 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager for Agile teams using the Scrum process.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical education and work experience.
* Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
* Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
* Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Lean Scaled agile, XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* Experience leading up to 2 teams as a SCRUM Master.
* SAFe Agile experience.
* Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
* The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
* Certified SCRUM Master.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.