Senior API Developer – Microservices
CGI is hiring a Senior API Developer to join our dynamic team.
At CGI, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
1. Responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
2. Analyze, quantize and estimate the amount of work for every sprint or release.
3. Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
4. Always be ready to be hands-on to develop or fix issues to deliver on time and with highest quality.
5. Code with least bugs and incorporating the best practices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
1. 8+ years of experience building Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions, including Java frameworks, including Spring, JSF, and Hibernate.
2. Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment
3. Design and maintain APIs, services, and different payment sources
4. Work with API developers across the teams to build new API features at large-scale
5. Improve API standards and services
6. Experience working with OpenShift, Containerization and Microservices
7. Experience with Java technologies and frameworks mainly Spring and Hibernate.
8. Knowledge of client-side technologies like Node JS, Angular JS, Angular 2+, Backbone JS or Cordova.
9. Experience in Kubernetes, Apache Kafka and MongoDB.
10. Experience integrating Java based applications with Oracle / SQL Server
11. Hands on experience working REST API development using Spring Boot & Spring framework.
12. Experience coding to prevent hacking and other vulnerabilities.
13. Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams and in an Agile environment.
14. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
SQL (Oracle preferred)
Java / J2EE
Written and oral communication with non-developers
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Skill set Years of experience Proficiency level
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.