Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY
- Have overall responsibility for the sourcing of Crude Tall Oil (CTO)/Black Liquor Soap Skimmings (BLSS) to include leading large cross-functional project teams through the sourcing and procurement process with very limited supervision.
- Develop a global category plan based on current market conditions and the business environment.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the pine chemicals global market dynamics, supplier base and competitive activity.
- Lead development and execution of complex Sourcing strategies and projects over the medium and long term aligned with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Position Ingevity as the preferred buyer of choice in the marketplace.
- Plan and execute swap arrangement to minimize delivery costs or improve service levels to mills
- Secure and manage toll acidulation business & relationships with 3rd party providers
- Articulate and gain alignment from senior managers/executives on the implementation of the Sourcing strategies.
- Proactive communication of price and volume changes to relevant stakeholders
- Bring industry leading Sourcing and procurement practices to execute upon the developed strategies.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the supplier relationship management program for key strategic suppliers.
- Lead Ingevity organization to understand & deliver on supplier service expectations
- Create, track and communicate supplier incentive plans and product purchasing specifications which effectively maximizes available quantities and provides enhanced quality.
- Calculate and communicate contract pricing on a quarterly basis. Lead audit efforts as needed.
- Develop negotiation strategies which are aligned with the business strategies and lead those negotiations to completion while pursuing full value and mitigating risk.
- Analyze financials, market risk, and supply risk for each project and be able to mitigate risk while bringing the best value to Ingevity.
- In-depth knowledge of legal as well as commercial terms and conditions with the ability to effectively negotiate and draft legal language to mitigate risk.
- Drive results through analytics, business acumen, personal leadership and developing business cases to support Sourcing initiatives.
- Consolidate spending and provide thought leadership to achieve organization outcomes while ensuring that Ingevity’s policies and core values are upheld and adhered to.
- Coordinate with the CTO Technical Manager to track and report on supplier quality trends and address shortfalls as needed.
- Assume role as valued thought partner
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree required – Supply Chain Management or Business preferred. MBA and/or CPM/CPSM preferred.
- At least seven (7) years or more of sales or sourcing experience or equivalent experience in relevant business categories required.
- In-depth analytical skills to include modeling based on market factors and future growth.
- Experience and knowledge of the CTO market and pulp and paper producers is preferred.
- Successfully lead negotiations for global, multi-year, multimillion-dollar contracts.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal senior/executive stakeholders and key suppliers to enable better outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are necessary to work across all levels of the organization
- Project management skills preferred
- Travel up to 25% as required for supplier audits, development, and visits to vendor mills and corporate offices
- Must be a team player and adapt well to a multitasking, fast paced environment with changing priorities and challenges
- General knowledge of SAP enterprise software is required
- This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.