MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
The Computational Finance Risk Management Software Engineer will contribute to the design, specification, development, and testing of financial modeling and analysis tools for the risk management application space. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, scientists, engineers, and marketing professionals to understand customer needs, and then translate those needs into effective product designs.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
An ideal candidate will have experience as a software user or developer for a risk management discipline such as retail or corporate credit risk, market risk, operational risk, insurance, or catastrophe modeling. Climate risk is currently an area of focus in our team. A suitable candidate will combine programming skills with a sound understanding of mathematical and statistical methods used to assess risk in the finance industry.
- BS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or Financial Modeling with 7 years of experience with an emphasis on the application of mathematical and statistical methods used in risk management or a MS degree with equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of, and track record in, programming for data analysis applications using MATLAB, Python, R, SAS, Java, and/or C++.
- Industrial or research experience in a risk management discipline such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk, insurance, catastrophe modeling, etc. Climate risk experience is a plus.
- Programming experience in MATLAB preferred.
- 3 or more years programming and product release experience.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.