Requisition ID 2018-42859
# of Openings 1
Job Function Program Management
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Scope of Work
Provide IT Policy and External Reporting Support for the DIS Program Management Office (PMO).
The candidate will work closely with the leads of these PMO functions to develop the deliverables required for each function.
* Track and review Federal IT and e-government requirements (e.g., OMB circulars and memoranda, legislation and Congressional drivers, GAO reporting).
* Accurately interpret and summarize policy requirements.
* Accurately interpret and summarize incoming requests for response and actions from external sources including OMB, GAO, OIG, etc.
* Coordinate with a wide variety of staff at all levels (technical staff, project managers, and senior leadership) to facilitate and track the completion of high-priority, high profile external actions to include the quarterly Integrated Data Collection (IDC) submissions, Portfoliostat, FITARA Self-Assessment, etc.
* Produce (under Federal direction) policy documents, position papers, and strategic plans related to Federal IT and e-government activities and priorities.
* Prepare presentations and briefings to executive audiences.
* Develop white papers, reports, memos, information papers, decision papers, process flows, guides,as needed to support the IT Strategy and Governance functional area.
* Coordinate with functional area leads and develop the Congressional Narratives that are required to support the submissions to OMB.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
* 7+ years of experience in the development of the following types of deliverables;
* Responses to E-Gov external inquiries
* Development of new policy documents
* Summaries of policy documents
* Preparation for PortfolioStat Discussions
* Congressional Narratives
* Presentations tailored to various audiences
* Research of industry best practices, white papers and strategic plans
* In depth understanding of Federal IT and e-government requirements (e.g., OMB circulars and memoranda, legislation and Congressional drivers, GAO reporting)
* Excellent writing skills and presentation development skills and techniques
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to use various formats and mediums creatively to ensure effective communication with all stakeholders
* Proficiency at translating complex IT concepts into plain language and communicating those concepts to a variety of audiences both in writing and orally
* Ability to synthesize information into comprehensive reports, recommendations, and presentations at a level appropriate for executives and senior managers
* Experience compiling research from a variety of sources (such as best practices from other government agencies, Gartner, Forrester, industry best practices, etc.) and preparing a recommendation based on that research
* Resourcefulness and ability to work independently after receiving initial guidance from Federal staff
* Familiarity with the Federal budgeting process and current Administration priorities and initiatives, specifically those pertaining to IT, eGovernment, and Budget
* Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, developers, and subject matter experts
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Excellent client relationship skills
* Excellent at multi-tasking and working well under pressure
* Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.