Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated, large-scale system of systems trainers and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking a senior Cybersecurity Engineer to develop complex cybersecurity solutions for the trainers and their development environments.
Cybersecurity Engineers are responsible for providing cybersecurity engineering services for classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Windows and Linux Operating Systems. This position will provide cybersecurity engineering support for: 1) local area development networks (both Windows and Linux) at both a Leidos facility and a government facility, and 2) local area networks that tie together the computing nodes of the trainers. This position performs the following tasks:
• Develop creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems
• Ensure that the team maintains a strong cybersecurity posture
• Set direction for team’s cybersecurity resources and operations
• Work with the customer and appropriate agencies to develop new policies, design processes, and procedures, and develop technical designs to secure the development environment and trainer systems
• Assess system vulnerabilities, implement risk mitigation strategies, validate secure systems, and test security products and systems to detect security weakness
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree. Candidate must be 8570.1-M / DoD 8140 compliant with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as Linux+, RHCE, Network+, or CCNA (or better).
• Must have 8+ years of cybersecurity work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.