Senior IT Release Manager – INF
The Senior IT Release Manager maintains a disciplined set of methods and procedures used for delivering release bundles into production. This role is also responsible for planning, executing, and monitoring compliance with strategic plans for release deployment, providing direction and oversight for non-TOPS Configuration Item management.
* Assist with tactical deployment planning including manifest configuration, cross-functional readiness alignment, and tactical activity tracking for major releases.
* Lead all deployment readiness and facilitate all deployment activities for stand-alone projects having no Amdocs/3rd Party deployment dependency, ensuring compliance with end-to-end development, certification, and business readiness criteria.
* Provide pre-approval and real-time promotion of automated CI/CD code deployments for agile application updates to pre-production and production environments.
* Monitor adherence to strategic direction and provides guidance on roles, tasks, milestones, and measures of success for release deployment, including the creation and maintenance of the release package and manifest for major releases.
* Lead activities required to maintain and complete all release deployment documentation.
* Provide code/configuration guidance to 3 to 5 development teams, from test cycles to production deployment.
* Coordinate the delivery of stakeholder communication to senior level leadership including Vice President of Technology.
* Audit hardware and software before and after the implementation of release package changes.
* Provides coaching and guidance to Project Management and Release Management, in the areas of project deployment, code/configuration item processes and practices.
* Provide technical and application guidance and support throughout the deployment process, including known defects and workarounds.
* Ensure deployment compliance to IT project management processes/standards, status reporting, and project quality governance.
* Ensure deployment closure including recording metrics for deployment, completion of lessons learned, and required documentation to satisfy reporting against service level agreements.
* Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
* 7 or more years relevant work experience
* 1 year experience with Microsoft Project software
* Experience providing guidance to geographically distributed and culturally diverse work groups
* Experience with wireless industry and team leadership
* Experience with IT application integration and infrastructure
* Project Management or ITIL certification
JOB : Information Technology
LOCATION(S) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.