Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development,distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products toprofessional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams,Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax,
Thompson’s Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint
dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of
rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Health, Environment and Regulatory System (HEARS) department has an opportunity for a senior level Java developer to support new and existing regulatory compliance applications.
This highly technical and challenging position as a Senior Java Developer on the Business Tier Team will work with the Java Development Team Lead on the HEARS Automated Label System (HALS) and the Document Generation (DocGen) applications. Other areas of involvement may include the complex and critical CORE software components that deliver data to the web-tier and other clients. Development responsibilities will encompass new logic/features, enhancements, and bug fixes/support. This position will also be involved in continuous deployment activities such as tagging, promoting, and building.
Strategy & Planning
– Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
– Work with Architecture role to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements. Responsible for implementing approved architecture design.
– Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
Acquisition & Deployment
– Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
– Design application and database components for development projects.
– Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
– Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
– Maintain and modify applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
– Provide support for critical application problems and issues.
– Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
– Train and teach other developers.
– Collaborate with business domain experts to analyze and assess existing business critical functions.
– Assist Project Manager in the definition, gathering, development, and documentation of business and/or technical requirements, objectives, deliverables, design specifications and project plans.
– Participate in requirements gathering and design responsibilities. The ability to create documentation such as Technical Requirements and High-Level Design for smaller portions of the system will be needed.
– Collaborate with other developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
– Participate in software design reviews.
– Assist in the diagnosis and correction of system issues and software bugs.
– Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
– Train and knowledge share with development teams.
– Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
– Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
– Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
– Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
– Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical application problems and issues.
– Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
– Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
– Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
– Minimal travel is required.
– Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
– Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
– 5+ years of IT experience.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
– Experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
– 5+ years Java, EJB 3.x, ORM/JPA/Hibernate, Web Services, Object-oriented design techniques, and common design patterns.
– Experience testing, debugging, and diagnosing software bugs and system issues.
– Experience with JEE 6, JAX-RSS, ESB, XML, XML Schemas, developing internationalized and localized software, Unicode, CVS, Subversion, and Unix strongly preferred.
– Experience developing with an oracle database as well as understanding of schema and table design preferred.
– Strong written and oral communications skills.
– Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
– Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
– Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
– Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
– Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
– Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
– Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
– Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.