HarmonyTech is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Java Developer to work within a team to drive the development and delivery of enterprise solution.
Position is available in McLean, VA location (no telework), requires public trust clearance, and US citizenship or permanent residence.
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Lead the overall development efforts for a complex software development program in a cloud environment.
- Perform in all phases of software design, development, documentation, and implementation.
- Write code, able to supervise a team of developers to get all the software development done.
- Weigh alternatives and make technical recommendations.
- Work closely with a Solution Architect and other lead technical staff members to implement the solution.
- Work with a Lead Test Engineer to ensure the system works as designed.
- Write and review technical documentation.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant hands-on experience including object oriented analysis, design, and development of web- based applications.
- At least 8 years experience writing Java/JEE code.
- At least 5 years experience leading teams of 3 or more developers, on complex application work.
- At least 2 years experience developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience designing, developing, and deploying search applications using Elasticsearch
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience designing, developing, and deploying projects as it relates to OAIS based search and access systems
- Experience designing, developing, testing and deploying projects based on OAS specification
- At least 5 years of relevant hands-on experience developing in an Agile environment.
- Experience leading development in a cloud environment.
- Experience working on systems that required one year, or longer to build and deliver to production.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful Application Programming Interfaces (API) and microservices.
- Experience with AWS ElasticSearch
- Experience interacting successfully with senior leaders within an organization.
- Strong oral and communication skills. Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English. Able to write well and explain complex technical subject matter.
- Ability to work harmoniously alongside other senior technical staff members. Ability to supervise junior technical staff members, and encourage their growth and successes.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- JAVA and/or AWS cloud Solution Architect certification.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and solutions (Maven, Grunt, Junit, Jenkins, Docker)
- Other cloud vendor certification.
- Agile related Certification.
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.