Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Linux/Windows Systems Administrator that will provide LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration support to Mission Systems. Seeking a self-starter, who is resourceful, thinks out of the box and can work both independently, as well as part of a team. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
- This is an active team lead position requiring someone with extensive leadership experience. The team lead will have an active, engaged role on the team and will be expected to process and respond to JIRA Tickets in addition to the leadership responsibilities.
- Must excel in communicating with all types of personnel – Contractors, Government, Military personnel.
- Will be expected to assist with re-architecting.
- Team consists of 7 members with various experience levels.
- Successful candidate will have advanced Windows experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 6 years of relevant administration experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- This role requires candidates to possess experience with both Linux and Windows administration.
- VMware experience
- Virtualization experience (VMware vCenter, ESXi, KVM)
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience.
- Within the last 10 years, a minimum of 7 years' experience in five (5) of the specializations below:
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks
- Telephony Switching System
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Advanced Protocols
- Within the last 10 years, a minimum of 7 years' experience with the functionality and inter-processing of packet- and circuit-based HW & SW solutions to include configuring, changing, and optimizing solutions.
- Within the last 10 years, a minimum of 5 years development, integration, testing, and/or installation experience
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a leadership position providing technical supervision to other engineering personnel
Security Clearance requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- System Administration background for RHEL and CENTOS (user administration, kick start servers, familiarity with LINUX commands)
- NIFI experience
- Networking Experience – Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- BASH scripting experience – Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting.
- Knowledge of Security and experience with IAVA patching. Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Centrify experience is desired.
- Ansible experience is desired.
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow.
Pay Range $84,500.00 – $130,000.00 – $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.